Tomorrow Is The Goal

I get until midnight-right? 

I am 11 pages from reaching the end of the third and final edit. I will need my head lamp and some snacks, because it's a little murky down there.

Apparently in the excitement to write "THE END" and the eagerness to start on book two, someone got little harsh and cliffhangery. 

Tsk tsk. 

Everyone know that a satisfying ending needs must be. It's the literary equivalent of an after meal espresso and square of dark chocolate. Deceptively simple, but perfectly rich. You want to leave fondly reminiscing over the quality of the meal, not giving in to the pressing need to find your fat pants.

After I master that simple little task (snort) I will dose my badguy with that evil juice I have been brewing for some time.  I believe I will be able to do these things before the clock strikes Oct 2.

Ah the good old days!
Then I will shout "technicalvictory!" and claim my mini-self-prize......a manipedi! (This has been a surprisingly successful carrot for me. Every time I look at my hooves, I shudder in horror and then run to the computer.)
 
As I wait for the feedback from my wise owls, I will tweak my sexy query letter. When I see the ratio of Hoots vs. Pellets from my owls - I will announce my new Mail By Deadline. Know this - it will be October.

Of 2011.

That is that plan.  And ooooo the self-prize is REAL good for this goal, people.  It's pink.  It's sparklie.  And I WANT IT.

But first  have to earn it.

Are there any book endings (good or bad) that stick with you?

Comments

Unknown said…
Best wishes for the run to midnight. Almost there! Pink with sparkle sounds intriguing ^_^

I'm not a fan of cliffhangers, unless the sequel has already been released and I don't have to wait a year for it.
The Writer said…
Good luck with your goal. I never meet my writing/editing goals. *sigh*
The Fam said…
Did you make it? Sparkly and pink...enjoyable!

Popular posts from this blog

Gussying Up

Welcome To The Imago Tavern

Write Campaign First Challenge